The Holidays are right around the corner and who doesn?t love to be festive.
One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is bake cookies with my sisters, drink hot apple cider (or hot chocolate) and listen to Holiday songs.
Here is a list of some of my favorite songs to listen to around the holidays.
1. ?White Christmas? by Bing Crosby.? For me, this song epitomizes Christmas and the holidays.? Living in Minnesota, I love a snowy white Christmas and this song paints a beautiful picture of the perfect white Christmas.
2. ?Carol Of The Bells? by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.? This instrumental song, originally by Ukrainian Composer Mykola Dmytrovych Leontovych, has been covered by countless groups and still remains a classic.? My favorite version is by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
3. ?I?ll Be Home For Christmas? by Elvis Presley.? Originally sung by another one of my favorites, Bing Crosby, this song epitomizes love and the importance of family on the holidays.
4. ?All I Want For Christmas Is You? by Mariah Carey.? This song makes the list because it?s my sisters all time favorite.? She plays and sings this song year round.
5. ?The Christmas Song? by Nat King Cole.? This is arguably one of the most recognizable songs and listening to it has become a holiday tradition for me.? I grew up listening to this song around the holidays and it always makes me cheerful.
6. ?The Chanukah Song? by Adam Sandler.? This song is a nice comic relief from the serious material usually covered in holiday songs.
7. ?Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas? by Judy Garland.? This is my favorite song on the list, although I prefer the revised, happier lyrics.
8. ?Silent Night? by anyone.? This classic Christmas carol has been recorded by hundreds of artists and is played over and over again on the radio during the holidays
9. ?Baby It?s Cold Outside? by anyone. This song debuted in 1948 and has since been sung by many artists and I love the various interpretations and depictions of the song,
10. ?Santa Clause Is Coming To Town? by The Jackson 5.? This is another holiday song I grew up listening to and reminds me of my childhood holidays.? It?s a nostalgic song for me that no Christmas can be without.
Let us know which songs are your favorite to listen to around the holidays!