What happens when you?ve purchased any used musical instruments for yours or your children?s music lessons but then decide you don?t want to continue with lessons on this instrument? You?re stuck with an instrument you?ll most likely never play again. Selling used musical instruments can be a great way to make some extra money. Most people have old musical instruments lying around, so why not sell them to someone in need of a reasonably priced instrument.
Here are some tips for selling used musical instruments.
1. Make minor repairs that can up the value of your used musical instruments. Cosmetic damage can often significantly lower the value of an instrument simply because it looks worn, even if it plays perfectly. In order to get the most money for your used musical instruments, make minor repairs and make sure your instruments look as new as possible.
2. Research the instrument you are trying to sell. Make sure you know what your instrument is worth so you are able to get the best price for your used musical instruments. You can check past eBay sales or do some Google searched to see how much instruments similar to yours sold for. You want to make sure you are knowledgeable about your instrument because buyers are going to want to get the best prices for used musical instruments as well.
3. Post ads on craigslist of in the newspaper. People who are looking to buy used musical instruments will most likely check these places first to see if there are any good deals. Be sure to include a photo and as much information as possible about your instrument. Buyers are going to want to know how long you?ve had the instrument, how much it was played, if there?s any damage etc.
4. Put up fliers around your neighborhood or let your neighbors know you?re selling the instrument. Most neighborhoods have children of all ages living there. School bands begin around fifth grade, so if you know of a household with young children, check and see if they are interested in buying any used musical instruments.
5. Talk to schools or other music instructors and see if they are in need of any more instruments or if they know parents interested in buying used musical instruments. Music instructors should know if people are in the market for instruments or who might be interested in your instrument in the future.